How To Create Original Research Paper Topics On Music History
Music has always been an important part of life for humans, and is regarded by many to be an essential part of our existence, with important cultural influences. From national anthems to funeral marches and many other symbolic tunes, music has a much greater role in life than simply as something to enjoy listening to in the background. As a result, there are many different approaches that you can take when writing about music.
Of course, when looking at music history, you may wish to look at various styles of music, as well as the influence of artists and bands. With such a wide-ranging topic, you have plenty of scope for creating an original research paper topic. For some inspiration, check out the list underneath.
- With reference to persecution and racial discrimination of the black community, what role has hip-hop plays in society, and is it one of the most important cultural aspects of the late 20th and early 21st centuries in terms of harmonizing relations between those of different ethnic backgrounds?
- Discuss the way in which music throughout history has been associated with various youth subcultures
- Discuss the importance of Elvis Presley in relation to culture and society in 1950s America
- Who has been the most influential artist or band from the 20th century, and why?
- As one of the biggest selling and best-known bands of all time, the Beatles have undoubtedly have a huge impact on world music; however, half a century on from their heyday, and with two of the members having since died, are they as important as they once were, or are they slowly been consigned to music history?
- What role did MTV have in changing the way that we consume music?
- From records to cassette tapes to CDs and now digital downloads, how has the history of musical technology changed the way in which we purchase and listen to music?
- Prior to the creation of record players and cassette tapes people would often create their own music or they would sing well-known songs. What impact has technology had, therefore, on the way in which society interacts?
- During the 1980s, music such as punk and scar was massively associated with politics, as has been the case with other genres of music in the past and to some extent since. However, with pop music and TV talent shows, to what extent is modern day music politicized, and are any changes a good or bad thing?
- Discuss the changes in music from the early 18th century to the late 19th century